The Institute of Information Systems (iisys) is the central research facility for information technology at Hof University. It is a competence center for the application of information systems and bridges international research and development and its implementation in companies. The main research activities are in the field of digital transformation in health, mobility and industry 4.0.
The Visual Analytics research group has successfully applied for the
project “International Teaching and Research in Hypertext” (INTR/HT).
The project is funded by the Free State of Bavaria, Germany over the
course of 3 years. For this project we are looking for a
Research Assistent / PhD student (m/f/x)
in the field of didactics of university education, computer science or related
in part-time (20 hours per week)
What is the INTR/HT project about?
Starting in spring 2020, INTR/HT aims at establishing a unique,
worldwide operating study and research platform for hypertext research.
The goal is to connect academics, students and industry working on
related subjects. Furthermore, courses will be developed and conducted
in cooperation with international lecturers. Along these lines, the
projects aims at identifying, developing and implementing appropriate
didactic methods and tools to be used for its international,
What are the main tasks?
- Creating concepts of courses taught at various levels (BSc, MSc, PhD)
- Identifying appropriate didactic methods and implementations for those courses
- Managing the preparation of teaching/studying material for courses
- Building and maintaining a network of international academics, organizations or businesses working in the field of hypertext
- Management of hypertext related courses in cooperation with the involved lecturers
- Designing and executing field tests
- Contributing to scientific publications in particular in the field of digitalization and university education
What is important to us?
- University degree in didactics of natural sciences, computer science, information technologies or a similar curriculum
- High level of communication skills
- Very good English communication and expression skills (spoken and written)
- Willingness to study new topics
- Reliability, resilience, high organizational skills and an independent and structured way of working
- Open minded and keen to experiment
German language skills would be beneficially
What do we offer?
- A versatile and challenging task within an advanced teaching/research project
A very nice working environment in the Visual Analytics research group
- The option to work toward a PhD degree on successful project acquisition
- The employment is limited in time based on the duration of the project
- The employment contract is based upon the public service regulations of the Free State of Bavaria (TV-L)
The position is suitable for the occupation of handicapped people (m/f/x).
Severely handicapped applicants (m/f/x) are preferably recruited if they have
otherwise substantially the same qualifications, aptitudes and
If you have any further questions, please contact Professor Dr. Claus Atzenbeck (+49 9281 409-6331). If you have any questions about the process, please do not hesitate to
contact the Human Resources Department (+49 9281/409-3118).
Please apply for the job (in German or English) including your cv and your references via the Online-Portal at the latest at February 2nd, 2020. Applications after this date will not be considered.